Bean Smitten Interview
1. Tell us about Bean Smitten? What is your role in the business? What industries do you work in? How long have you been involved in the coffee sector?
We are a small-batch coffee roastery near Tunbridge Wells in Kent. I am owner and head roaster since 2014. Previously, I worked as a Financial Controller for a private client wealth management firm.
2. What things do you enjoy most about the coffee industry? Any places you particularly like visiting?
Relaxing in coffee shops. It is that special place between work and home. People watching, reading, or whatever. I like the ambience. The busier, the better.
3. Looking to the future, do you have any exciting new products/services your business will be launching? Any other plans? Have any of these been affected by COVID-19?
We will launch our own subscription service, put on more open days and attend more events across, Kent, Sussex and further afield. Yes, everything is affected by COVID-19.
4. What are you most looking forward to about the Kent Coffee Festival 2021?
A chance to get out of the roastery, and spend time talking about coffee with industry peers and customers.
5. And finally, what is your favourite coffee?
Kenya and Rwanda as origins. I like my coffee filtered, taken black.