Kent Coffee Festival comes to Canterbury
When: Friday, June 26 2020, and Saturday, June 27, 2020
Where: Gulbenkian, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7N
The University of Kent will be hosting its very first Kent Coffee Festival next summer to showcase the eclectic mix of café culture from specialist coffee roasters within the county and beyond.
Taking place from Friday, June 26, to Saturday, June 27 2020, within the university’s magnificent Gulbenkian building, which has played host to many local events, the festival will celebrate the booming coffee market and highlight the wonderful local talent as well as leading national brands.
Unmissable features include:
• Latte Art Zone: Where baristas from speciality roasters will demonstrate latest techniques
• Coffee Roast Zone: Coffee roasters will be brewing up a storm with their standout blends
• Talks: Learn more from a jam-packed schedule of talks about the latest coffee trends involving coffee shop owners and leading experts
• Exhibitor Demo Zone: See first hand the array of concepts and accoutrements that combine to make the
• Artisan Food Village: Food for thought and the perfect opportunity to see, taste and enjoy artisan food perfectly paired with coffee
On day one, the festival offers trade buyers, hospitality professionals and manufacturers the opportunity to sample groundbreaking products, see inspiring brand launches, and participate in a wide-ranging programme of talks and live demonstrations covering the latest trends. Topics for discussion will include: sustainability within the coffee industry, staff retention, building customer loyalty, increasing footfall, to name a few.
The festival is the brainchild of local businessman Luke Underdown and is organised by event management company McCullough Moore, which specialises in the foodservice sector and events such as the Craft Guild of Chefs’ Universal Cookery & Food Festival.
Underdown and his wife Alice set up their own speciality coffee roastery just outside Canterbury, called Garage Coffee in 2015. Since then the business has flourished and now comprises a flagship shop and training room in the heart of Canterbury.
Luke Underdown commented: “We are incredibly excited to be launching this event for the coffee sector in Kent. We are so fortunate to have so many great food and drink businesses in the county, and it’s time to celebrate everything the world of coffee has to offer in our corner of the country!”
For further details, contact Billie Moore, managing director, McCullough Moore.
Call us: 01293 854401
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org